Business Immigration- Tier 1 Investor Migrants
This route is for high net worth individuals making a substantial financial investment to the UK.
Entry to the UK
All migrants arriving in the UK and wishing to enter as a Tier 1 Investor Migrant must have a valid Entry Clearance for entry under this route. If they do not have a valid Entry Clearance, entry will be refused.
Requirements for Entry Clearance under this category
To qualify for entry or leave to remain as a Tier 1 Investor Migrant, an Applicant must meet the requirements listed below;
- The Applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.
- The Applicant must have a minimum of 75 points under Paragraphs 54 to 65-SD of Appendix A.
- An Applicant who has or was last granted leave as a student or a postgraduate doctor or dentist, a student nurse or a student resitting an examination, a student writing up a thesis or as a Tier 4 Migrant and is currently being sponsored by a government or international scholarship agency, or was being sponsored by a government or international scholarship agency, and that sponsorship came to an end 12 months ago or less must provide the unconditional written consent of the sponsoring government or agency to the application and must provide the specified documents to set out in Paragraph 245A above, show that this requirement has been met.
- The Applicant must be at least 18 years old and the assets and investments he is claiming points for must be wholly under his control.
- The Entry Clearance Officer must not have reasonable grounds to believe that;
- Notwithstanding that the Applicant has provide the relevant specified documents required under Appendix A, the Applicant is not in control of and liberty to fully invest the money specified in their application for the purposes of meeting the requirements of Tables 7 of Appendix A to these rules; or
- Any of the money specified in the application for the purposes of meeting the requirement of Table 7 of Appendix A to these rules held by:
- The Applicant; or
- Where any of the specified money has been made available to the Applicant by another party, that party, has been acquired by means of conduct which is unlawful in the UK, or would constitute unlawful conduct if it occurred in the UK; or
- Where any of the money specified in the application for the purposes of meeting the requirements of Table 7 of Appendix A to these rules has been made available by another party, with the character, conduct or association of that party as such that approval of the application would not be conducive to the public good, and where Entry Clearance Officer doe have reasonable grounds to believe one or more of the above applies, no points from Table 7 will be awarded.
Period and conditions of grant of leave under this category
Entry Clearance will be granted for a period of 3 years and 4 months and will be subject to the following conditions:-
- No recourse to public funds,
- Registration with the police, if this is required by Paragraph 326 of these rules,
- No employment as a doctor or dentist in training, unless the Applicant has obtained a primary degree in medicine or dentistry at bachelor’s level or above from the UK institution that is a UK recognised or listed body, or which holds a sponsor license under Tier 4 of the points based system, and
- No employment as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach).
- Study subject to the conditions set out in part 15 of these rules.
Requirements for leave to remain
For further details with regards to requirements for leave to remain under this category please see the relevant link here taking you directly to the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Indefinite leave to remain under this category
To qualify for indefinite leave to remain as a Tier 1 Investor Migrant, you are required to meet the following requirements:-
The Applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal, and must not be an illegal entrant.
The Applicant must have a minimum of 75 points under Paragraphs 54 to 65-SD of Appendix A.
The Applicant must have demonstrated sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom, in accordance with Appendix KoLL.
The Applicant must not be in breach of UK Immigration Laws except that any period of overstaying for a period of 28 days or less will be disregarded.
Tier 2 is for skilled workers who you want to employ long term or permanently. It is split into:
- General- the role must meet the jobs suitability requirements
- Intra- company transfer- from multinational companies which need to transfer employees to the UK
- Minister of Religion- for people coming to work for a religious organisation (for up to 3 years)
- Sportsperson- for elite sportspeople and coaches who will be based in the UK.
Bushra Ali Services
BUSHRA ALI SOLICITORS are able to provide full advice and assistance with regards to seeking entry to the UK, leave to remain, extension of leave and indefinite to remain as a Tier 1 Investor.
BUSHRA ALI SOLICITORS have dealt with substantial number of applications under the Investor route and are highly experienced in being able to provide appropriate advice and assistance.
To find out with regards to various packages and obtain further advice regarding these services, please feel free to contact us.