General activities permitted on a business visit
A visitor may:
A- Attend meetings, conferences, seminars, interviews;
B- Give a one off or short series of talks and speeches provided these are not organised as commercial events and will not make a profit for the organiser;
C- Negotiate and sign deals and contracts;
D- Attend trade fairs, for promotional work only, provided the visitor is not directly selling;
E- Carry out site visits and inspections;
F- Gather information for their employment overseas.
Business – corporate
Intra – corporate activities
An employee of an overseas based company may;
- Advise and consult;
- Provide training;
- Share skills and knowledge; on a specific internal project with UK employees of the same corporate group, provided no work is carried out directly with client.
- An internal or deter may carryout regulatory or financial orders at a UK branch of the same group of companies as the visitors employer overseas.
A visitor who can show support from;
- One or more registered venture capitalist firms regulated by the financial conduct authority; or
- One or more UK entrepreneurial seed funding competitions which is listed as endorsed
- One or more UK government departments;
- May come to the UK for discussions to secure funding from one of the above sources which they intend to use to join, setup or take over a business in the UK.
The other reasons why a person may look to enter the UK for a visit including business include manufacturing and supply of goods to the UK, clients of UK export companies, business specific sectors, legal, religion, creative reasons, sport, work related training, study and medical treatment.
For further detail, please see here for link to the relevant page to UK visas and Immigration website. Please put link here.
Bushra Ali Services
At Bushra Ali Solicitors we provide a full service in advice and assistance from the start of your visit visa application to the end.
We can advise as to the merits in making such an application together with clarification on the requirements.
We are able to assist in the preparation of witness statements, drafting of support letters, completing of sponsorship undertakings, completing Home Office application forms, advising on evidential documents and drafting of cover letter representations to support applications.
To find out with regards to various packages and obtain further advice regarding these services, please feel free to contact us.