The Long Residence Application
The Long Residence Route is for those persons that has spent a continuous lawful period of at least 10 years in the United Kingdom.
Continuous Residence- this means residence in the United Kingdom for an unbroken period, and for these purposes a period shall not be considered to have been broken were an Applicant is absent from the United Kingdom for a period of 6 months or less at any one time, providing that the Applicant in question has existing limited leave to enter or remain upon their departure and return, but shall be considered to have been broken if the Applicant:
- has been removed under schedule 2 of the 1971 Act, has been deported or has left the United Kingdom having been refused leave to enter or remain here; or
- has left the United Kingdom and, on doing so, evidenced a clear intention not to return; or
- left the United Kingdom in circumstances in which he could have had no reasonable expectation at the time of leaving that he would lawfully be able to return; or
- has been convicted of an offence and was sentenced to a period of imprisonment or was directed to be detained in an institution other than a prison, provided that the sentence in question was not a suspended sentence; or
- has spent a total of more than 18 months absent from the United Kingdom during a period in question
Lived continuously and living continuously mean continuous residence
Conditions or requirements
- one must demonstrate that they have spent a continuous lawful period of 10 years in the UK
- have had no recourse to public funds
- have no….criminal convictions
- have met the knowledge of life in the UK requirement
- have met the knowledge of English requirement (or belong to a majority English speaking country)
Bushra Ali Services
Should you require further information regarding this category or believe you qualify, you are able to contact BUSHRA ALI SOLICITORS for further advice and assistance.
We offer a package assisting in a Long Residence Application from start to finish.
We are able to provide you with full advice and assistance in relation to this category.
For further information contact us contact us.